Sunday, November 27, 2005

8 months, my little man.

He eats three times a day. Looooves to eat. Avocados, bananas, plain tofu, plain yogurt, hard boiled egg yolks, veggies, fruits. I wish I ate as good as he does.

He got rid of his binky about two months ago. As soon as he learned that he could grab things from his mouth, he grabbed his pacifier and threw it as far as he can. Never looked for it since.

Travels have ended for the year. Bobo went to New Hampshire, Pittsburgh, Scotland, Finland, and San Francisco with mom and dad. We were supposed to go to London but were too tired, so daddy went alone. The family spent 6 weeks in SF and loved it. Arto spent time at the beach, walks with mommy and daddy. Play. 100% attention. He bit by a tick (no lyme) and gave us a big scare. He also got sick for the first time with a baaaad ass cold. Took almost three weeks to shake. We refused to give him antibiotics so the little fighter got rid of it by himself (with some vitamin c, long, warm baths and a humidifier). He joined adults in communal dinners (loves crowds), slept in his own room. We had such a great time. Bonding. Relaxing. Enjoying this wonderful time in our lives. His first year. We are so lucky to be able to spend time with him like this. I don't know how I could have gone back to work full time a few weeks after he was born. I read so many stories of moms crying on their first. Nordic countries certainly have it right -- one year maternity leave (that the dad and mom can share).

The past week, he's changed so much. Little man crawls like mad all over. Climbs over me now. Tries to reach up for things. Babbles. "Reads" picture books. Plays with me. With me. Laughs a LOT. Sleeps so much better.

Just keeps on getting better. If this keeps on going, I'm going to explode with joy. How can he get any more fun to be with?

Bill just came back from the UK and he brought back Arto's new stroller. He is now graduating to a forward facing one. No more car seat in a carrier. We took it out for a test stroll today. He fidgeted for a second but after a block or so, realized that, hey, I have a front row seat to the world. I missed wearing him though. But he is getting heavy. He must be about 20 pounds now. Yesterday I took him for a walk on Smith St. and I was huffing and puffing.

I think I'll still wear him for short walks. For as long as I can! He wiggles a lot now too when he sees something exciting (and if Bill is skating, I have to use the Bjorn because he get so excited and kicks himself free from the wrap.

He's also weaning more from breastfeeding. He lets himself fall asleep on my shoulder now. He's also starting to drink from a sippy cup and liking water more.

My little man is growing up. My baby boy. Stop growing so fast.