Friday, June 24, 2005

Happy Third Month Birthday, Arto!

Today, aRTO is three months. My little baby is 13 weeks. He can do so many things now. He can almost hold his head up on his own completely. Yesterday I took a walk with him in his baby wrap and he was so curious about everything around him. He can copy sounds I make. Especially "ah goo." He sticks his tongue out when I do. He smiles. He laughs. Bill swears Arto headbutts him on purpose. He's very talkative when he wakes up from sleep. He eats so much more now. 5 to 6 ounces a feeding. He can entertain himself for longer stretches of time. He is finding his hands and putting them to his mouth more often.

His voice and laugh are the sweetest things.

I didn't sleep much the night before and last night went to bed past 3am and I needed to wake up early this morning. For the first time, we switched and Bill took care of him all night while I slept. Then I woke up and fed him and had to leave. I didn't get my usual fill of him until 1:30 pm and by that time I was starving for some Arto love. I missed him already! Crazy mommy.

I saw this little piece of wisdom from a parenting magazine I stole from the doctor's office, its a little needlepoint-y but its exactly how I feel right now.
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow, for babies grow up, we learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

My bobo. Kisses for you on your third month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home